Here are the visuals and the words to illustrate that
1. Exponential growth is unnatural and unsustainable.
2. The growth of the money supply is exponential:
- – the growth of credit in the money supply is exponential
- – the exponential growth of credit is caused by compounding interest on interest
- – the growth of interest-free cash in the money supply is minute
- – there is always enough Government funding for war, but never for the environment.
3. The growth of greenhouse gas emissions is exponential.
4. Changing the Cash : Credit Ratio in the money supply through ‘green credit’ is the most effective mechanism to stop current economic trends:
- – Business As Usual (BAU) means continuing to fuel the money supply with credit
- – Policy commitment to ameliorating climate change means changing the cash : credit ratio to change the ‘economic climate’
5. Fuelling the money supply with ‘green credit’ means Government funding for
- – making buildings energy-efficient
- – creating carbon-neutral transport systems
- – developing carbon-neutral energy supplies.