Biologist Allan Savory is talking here about how to green the world’s deserts and reverse climate change.
It is clearly not ‘authorised knowledge’ but ‘the unthinkable':
- to address climate change and desertification
- to demystify the effects of animal herds
- to use holistic management and planned grazing of animals
- by using livestock to mimic nature.
Twenty-two minutes worth watching to give hope to the our world’s most challenging problems:
- climate change
- feeding the world.
- Fighting the growing deserts, with livestock: Allan Savory at TED2013 (ted.com)
- Ted Talks: Allan Savory: How to Green the world’s Deserts and Reverse Climate Change (milkandcookies.com)
- How to green the world’s deserts and reverse climate change (myscienceacademy.org)
- As TED conference looks ahead to Vancouver, here are a dozen ideas from 2013 event (vancouversun.com)
- TED Talk: How to green the world’s deserts and reverse climate change (ecopostblog.wordpress.com)
- Greenest Student on Earth Scholarship Competition Launched Today (prweb.com)
- Ecologist Allan Savory discusses restoring grasslands (tuftsdaily.com)